The General Warehouse Representative is responsible for processing incoming orders, picking and filling orders from stock, packing, and shipping orders. This position is also responsible for managing, organizing, and retrieving stock in the warehouse. Paying attention to details in service quotes and customer accounts to ensure that shipments are correct and arrive on time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process customer phone orders and answer customer inquiries
- Order entry from shared email account/fax/mail
- Prepare products, spare parts, return parts, and other items for shipment following established procedures for packaging, crating, boxing, bundling, wrapping, strapping, and labeling
- Prepare shipping documents and schedule freight pick-ups as required
- Assure that shipments are sent using proper service level and have the proper paperwork
- Monitor inventory levels and communicate low levels to warehouse manager
- Operate lift trucks, pallet jacks, and other equipment to move parts to proper locations
- Load and unload freight trucks as necessary
- Cutting machine belts when needed
- Receive incoming shipments, log received items, and deliver to the proper person or department
- Check back orders after receiving in ZST shipments
- Pick and ship items from Sales Coordinator for new machine installs
- Process return international shipments: paperwork, packing, and shipping items
- Process RMAs/quotes from service
- Process shipments for the applications department
- Enter credit/goods put away for incoming items that are received
- Receive in-stock items from vendors and enter a good receipt for PO
- Clean and organize warehouse when needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Forklift certified
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Positive attitude
This position has no direct reports.
This job operates in a warehouse environment. This role routinely uses forklifts and standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee frequently is required to stand, sit, reach, climb, balance, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy products. The employee must wear closed-toe shoes at all times for safety precautions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional early mornings and late nights are required.
Limited travel to the local package sorting station.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.