Zünd Systemtechnik AG, Industriestrasse 8, CH-9450 Altstätten and other companies of the Zünd Group (referred to hereafter as Zünd)
2. We adhere to the protection of your privacy and personal data. Zünd treats your personal data as confidential and complies with the applicable data protection regulations.
III. Who are we and what do we do?
5. Zünd sells and distributes goods (cutting systems called cutters, software, accessories, consumables, etc.) and services both by analog (referred to hereinafter as Offline Contracts) and digital commerce on my.zund.com (referred to hereinafter as Online Contracts).
6. Zünd offers a digital access point with my.zund.com. My.zund.com is continuously developed with the aim of mutual information exchange, such as software license management or the listing of all products purchased from Zünd. Furthermore, there is also the ability to order products via the webshop.
IV. What information and data do we collect and process for what purposes?
7. Personal information is collected when you register with us (offline or online). We require your name, address, e-mail address, and other personal details.
B) Contacting, visiting, and using the website and MyZund
8. Outside of registration, we may ask you for information, for example, if you purchase additional products and services from us online or offline, or contact us regarding our offerings/products or a job. If you contact Zünd, your correspondence will be stored for future interactions in compliance with the relevant legal provisions.
9. When you use our website, products, or services, or otherwise interact with Zünd, we may ask you to provide certain personal information. For example, when you register, sign up for newsletters, purchase products and services from us, or submit inquiries to us. We use this information to open and maintain your customer account with us, to send you marketing information, to provide you with our products and services, to send you delivery information, and to respond to your inquiries.
C) Use of Zünd Connect
10. If you use the ZCC software together with the cutter and do not disable the transmission of information to Zünd when installing the software, the software will send information about its use to Zünd in order to create long-term added value for you and Zünd. This information is available in the Zünd Connect area at my.zund.com. You can also prevent the transmission of information if necessary.
11. For more information on the type of information, how it is used, how it is transmitted in encrypted form, how long it is retained, etc., please refer to the Zünd Connect Framework, which can be accessed via the following link: https://www.zund.com/en/zuend-connect-framework
12. From time to time, Zünd will ask you to participate in surveys conducted for internal statistical purposes. Zünd creates these surveys to analyze your interests and/or customer satisfaction. The sole purpose of these surveys is to improve the customer experience. These evaluations are aggregated and analyzed as a whole.
13. We also use your data, among other things, to announce events, contests or surveys, as well as to send you information about products and services of Zünd, Zünd subsidiaries, and partners. Zünd uses this type of contact moderately. If you do not agree to this, you can unsubscribe from any contact from Zünd by e-mail.
14. Personal data allows us to send you customized marketing information. This allows us to provide better customer-oriented service. Our goal is to build and maintain long-term relationships with our clients.
F) Purpose limitation
15. We use the information and data we collect with our products and services only for the purposes for which you provide us the data. This includes usage and frequency of use, performance monitoring and effectiveness analysis of our products and services, checking compliance with our terms and conditions, establishing compatibility with third party systems/products/services, planning future strategies, planning product/service/feature lifecycles and their retirements, performing analysis of spam, threats, and other types, developing new products and services, enhancing existing products and services, troubleshooting product failures, and providing statistical analysis and trend analysis.
16. All of these items may also occasionally be associated with personal data such as usernames, machine identification numbers, domain names and IP addresses, and file names or paths.
V. How do we process personal data when you visit zund.com or my.zund.com?
A) Web Tracking
17. Information about the behavior of visitors to the website is collected on www.zund.com and www.my.zund.com - based on our terms and conditions. This is done for marketing purposes and only in anonymous form. The data is stored on your computer with a cookie (text file) and helps us to analyze your user behavior on the website anonymously. By analyzing your user behavior, we can provide you with personalized content on the website or the customer portal my.zund.com.
18. For example, we learn the city from which a website visitor accesses our site, which browser is used, and which areas of our website were visited. There is no way to directly connect data to you personally in this process. The collected data is only used to improve the user experience and our information offering, which is why all IP addresses are shortened and thus only collected in anonymized form. It is not used for any other purpose and the data will not be shared with third parties. The data is stored indefinitely.
19. Visitors to the website have the ability to accept or reject the setting of individual or all cookies (necessary, analytical, marketing, or other cookies) at any time. If all cookies are rejected, nothing is tracked. Further information on cookies can be found in the Cookie Statement: https://www.cookiehub.com/about-cookies
20. Please note: The rejection (opt-out) of cookies is set in the cookie settings. If all cookies on your computer are deleted, this opt-out cookie will also be deleted. This means that if you want to continue rejecting cookies, you will need to add the opt-out cookie again. These cookies are set per browser per computer.
21. Re-targeting technology is used on www.zund.com and www.my.zund.com. This allows us to send targeted marketing information to each visitor who has shown interest in our store or our products. The basis for this is a cookie-based analysis of the user's behavior. Of course, no personal data is stored and the re-targeting technology is used according to legal requirements and according to the settings you make.
C) Third-party features
22. Our websites contain features from various third-party services. Zünd has no influence on their contents and therefore cannot assume any liability for this external content. Therefore, please refer to the privacy statements of the third parties. Zünd openly indicates on the websites which third parties are involved (including Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube, Flickr).
23. We use so-called tracking pixels, small image files with which the surfing behavior of visitors can be analyzed. No personal data is collected or stored.
D) Google Analytics
24. If you have consented, Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"), will be used on our website. Its usage includes the Universal Analytics mode of operation. This makes it possible to allocate data, assign sessions and interactions on different end devices to a pseudonymized user ID, and thus analyze a user's activities on multiple end devices.
26. Google may use the collected information for the website operator to create reports about website activities and provide the website operator with other services regarding the website and Internet usage.
27. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is your consent in accordance with https://gdpr-info.eu/art-6-gdpr. The recipient of the collected data is Google. Personal data will be transferred to the USA after you have given your consent. The data sent through Zünd and the associated cookies and user identifiers will be automatically deleted after 14 months. All data for which the retention period has expired is automatically deleted once a month.
28. You can withdraw your consent at any time by blocking cookie storage on your browser. Please note that you may not be able to fully access all functions of this website in this case. You can also prevent Google from processing data generated by cookies and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing this add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
E) Google Maps
30. When you subscribe to the newsletter, you will be asked for information about your industry, language, etc. By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree that we may evaluate your behavior on our websites and thus provide you with a newsletter that matches your interests. In addition, your information is stored for market research and marketing purposes. We also use your data to analyze and continuously improve the effectiveness of our websites.
VI. With whom can this information and data be shared?
A) Groups of data recipients
31. We may share your information and personal data with the following groups:
- To our authorized resellers or other distribution partners to process your order or request, manage your registrations, provide technical or customer support, notify you of a new product or the expiration or renewal of a subscription or service, or other reasons to which you consent when we collect your information.
- To government departments, courts, and other official institutions where we believe it is necessary to release the information (i) under applicable law (ii) to assert, exercise, or defend our rights or mitigate any damages or (iii) to protect the interests, privacy, and safety of you or our customers or any other person.
- To another person with your consent to share.
33. Zünd carefully selects its subcontractors and carefully instructs and controls them.
C) Transmission to other countries
34. If the recipients of personal data are located in another country, we will ensure the protection of your personal data in an appropriate manner and comply with data protection legislation.
VII. How long do we store your information and data?
35. Information and data are stored for as long as their respective intended purpose requires, in the case of contracts at least for the duration of the contractual relationship.
36. We also store personal data if we have a legitimate interest in storing it. This may be the case, among other things, if we need this personal data to enforce or defend against any claims or to ensure storage and archiving obligations and IT security. We also store your personal data for as long as it is subject to a statutory retention obligation. A ten-year retention period applies for certain data, while a shorter one applies for other data.
37. Zünd continuously checks whether the retention of information and data is still necessary. After the respective period expires, we delete or anonymize your personal data.
VIII. How can you access, edit, or delete your data?
38. If you wish to access or correct your information, you may exercise this right at any time by contacting us using the contact details listed below. Zünd also continuously checks whether data needs to be corrected.
39. In addition, you may at any time request that we stop processing your data, delete your personal data, or give you an extract of your data. You may exercise this right at any time by contacting us using the contact information below.
40. If you request the deletion of your personal data, we will inform you within one month when it has been done. If the requirements for deletion are met, your data will be deleted within a useful period of time. If you request the deletion of your data but there is a commercial history, first and last names will be anonymized in our systems.
41. You have the right to unsubscribe from our marketing communications campaigns at any time. You can usually do this by clicking an "opt out" or "unsubscribe" link in the marketing e-mails we send you. Alternatively, or to opt out of all other marketing activities (such as mail or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact information attached below.
IX. What about links to other websites?
43. Zünd is not liable for any legal disputes, losses, or damages that may arise from or in connection with the use of third-party sites.
X. What security measures are taken to protect your personal information?
44. We strive to protect all personal information by implementing reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organizational measures in accordance with our internal security procedures and applicable law. These protections vary based on the confidentiality of the information we collect, process, and store and the current state of technology. We determine such protections based on the current state of the art, the type and scope of data processing, and the risk that the respective processing entails for the personality or fundamental rights of the data subjects.
45. We strive to fully protect your personal information. However, one hundred percent security of any data transmission or storage cannot be guaranteed.
46. If you have created login credentials to areas of our site or received them from us (for example, for our Reseller Area or MyZund), you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of that login information to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
47. If you communicate with us via e-mail or online forms, the data exchange is not encrypted. The same applies if we send you answers by e-mail. In these cases, confidentiality is not guaranteed. E-mails - inherently fast, reliable, and cheap - are distributed and forwarded to different computers. This means that there are many ways to store, analyze, and customize these messages. For this reason, non-encrypted e-mails are not suitable for transmitting confidential information to Zünd. Zünd does not assume any liability in this regard. Confidential information must be sent to Zünd by mail or other secure communication channels.
48. Customers under the age of sixteen may not transmit their personal data to Zünd without the consent of an authorized adult.
XII. How can you contact us?
A) INFORMATION AND DATA FLOWS, TRANSPARENCY, AND DOCUMENTATION
Zünd Systemtechnik AG, Industriestrasse 8, 9450 Altstätten, Switzerland.
50. Our office in Germany is our representation regarding data protection in the EU. Please contact them via e-mail or in writing:
Zünd Deutschland GmbH, Langenweg 34, 88131 Lindau, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org
Zünd Systemtechnik AG
Zund America, Inc.
8142 S 6th Street
Oak Creek, WI 53154
Zund Asia, Ltd.
Room 911, 9/F.
Eastern Harbour Centre
28 Hoi Chak Street
Zund Benelux BV
5521 DX Eersel
Zund India Pvt. Ltd.
50 Bhupasandra Main Road - NTI Layout
RMV Extension 2nd Stage
Vinayaka Layout, Bhoopasandra
Bangalore, KA 560 094
Zund Italia S.r.l.
Via Italia 1
Zund Asia (Bangkok) Ltd.
28, 1st & 3rd Floor
Bangkok 10250 Thailand
Zund UK Ltd.
Unit 1 Spring Valley Business Center
Porters Wood, St. Albans AL3 6PD
Zünd Deutschland GmbH
Zünd Österreich GmbH
Steyrer Strasse 56
Zund France SA
14 rue de Flandres,
94400 Vitry sur Seine
Last updated on 4/8/2022